The RINJ Foundation is amassing a database of ISIL / ISIS offenders to show to war-time sexual violence survivor-witnesses.
- RINJ Members are doing research online from home.
- RINJ has investigators in the field who are identifying persons who have been accused of committing a war-crime of sexual violence. This is an arduous task and many elements of the work come in the form of individual researchers’ contributions to the database.
- RINJ Telecommuting volunteers working from their home all around the world:
- Researchers are needed to scour the internet for news pictures taken in the field. They are then uploaded to the RINJ Foundation and other researches make the data available to people in the field. By searching social media and other resources, identifying the offenders is a tedious but rewarding task.
- Information derived from telecommuting RINJ members work includes analyzing photographs for tattoos, scars, jewelry, articles of clothing, beard shapes, hair removal patterns (shaving patterns), spectral analysis (hair coloring, skin tones (1-5)) etcetera. The data is then stored in an RDBMS (Relational database management system) and correlated.
- The methods RINJ uses to assemble and correlated data are internationally accepted routines capable of adducing to any court as evidence for identification and prosecution of war criminals.
- The RINJ Foundation has volunteers in the field who are collecting evidence and doing survivor support and case work reporting.
- RINJ membersin the field are surreptitiously taking photographs of alleged offenders.
- The RINJ Cell Phone For Survivor programme has brought much data to the endeavor. Many cell phones are now in the hands of women who are prisoners, refugees or in hiding.
- Women and children survivors of war-crime rape in the field use The RINJ Foundation’s mobile web reporting functions to tell their story and make a complaint which RINJ then investigates.
- Any RINJ Foundation Member can file a report of war-crime rape of their own experience or their knowledge of crime against another person by submitting photographs (especially identification photos of perpetrators before, at, or after the material time) and documents here on this page. You can file a detailed report here.
- FBI Security tips for internet workers using social media.
- Facebook is now one of the most fertile sources of criminal evidence
- Recent Report of RINJ Volunteers in Mosul
- Methods and protocols for evidence gathering (from RINJ in Mosul Iraq)
- Was I Raped
To upload pictures or other evidence, use the tools below or go here: https://rinj.org/uploads/ . If you would like to leave a note for the office, create your message in a “your_name.txt” document or a word document and upload it. Once the file is uploaded it is no longer available to you. Security is high. You can put many photographs into a ‘zip’ file and upload that. There are limits to file size but that limit is very generous. Zip files could contain 9 to 10 pictures. Files are stored off-site.
©2014 The RINJ Foundation
The RINJ Foundation has issued a statement that condemns the acquiescence of Turkey and the United States in allowing the last Christian enclave of the Middle East to fall to rapists and murderers.
Kobani, Syria 10-08-2014 — According to the RINJ Foundation’s statement, It is not that nobody knew of the atrocities, it’s that nobody cared.
The statement published on the RINJ.org web site goes on to say that, “Kobani is the last stop on ISIL’s northern scourge in Northern Iraq and Syria and the massacre and continuing sexual violence is on the entire Western Alliance. (https://rinj.org/interactive/?page_id=1222)
“The last Christian community in the Middle East, Kobani, is at the verge of it’s death by massacre, assimilation and eventual annihilation. Genocide. The raping and murder continues”, continues the tersely worded release.
“The fleeing civilians from this Northern Syrian city have nowhere to go. Here in these pictures you see them lined up at the Turkish border being turned away. The Turks are now using weapons and water canon to push back terrorized refugees who must now face torture, rape, enslavement and death at the hands of the ISIL.”
We need your charitable donations to do our work.
Teaching, counseling, supporting, comforting, helping women and children survivors. Please Donate. https://rinj.org/donate/ And become a member here:https://rinj.org/join/
New Data Collection Methods
Mosul, Iraq: August 22, 2014 — The RINJ Foundation currently uses mostly conventional methods for gathering information for each war-crime victim including a basic three page information data-collection form which provides sufficient information for the collection of evidence that would bring to jurists for each victim or survivor-witness,
1) evidential details of the specific criminal event,
2) motivation of the crime,
3) evidence of criminal intent,
4) evidence of the criminal act,
5) identification evidence,
6) connected evidence of similar crimes, trends and patterns, and
Meanwhile we are testing a peer-to-peer Android (linux kernel) application that allows data sharing and real time communications between field operators; interviewing witnesses; taking photographs and sharing in real time; and coalescing reports being worked on by several people in the field at the same time. . .
More to follow
— 30 —
RINJ teachs law enforcement how to identify and respond to sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual exploitation and rape.
RINJ: Rape Is No Joke @RapeIsNoJoke